Thursday, April 24, 2014

Dear…. I’m not sure what to call you.

Dear…. I’m not sure what to call you; Dad, Father, Biological dad, Randy, Mr. Wilson, Stranger…. 
                        
                        You’re probably wondering why I am trying to find you and to contact you after almost 29 years. Sometimes I still ask myself why also, but something keeps drawing me to the Facebook pages for your old high school for any year or to the search engines online. By the way, there are over 12,000 Randy Wilson's in the USA, the chance of stumbling upon the “Right one” seems beyond impossible! I’m always running in circles getting frustrated at results that lead me in no direction. Then I find those that possibly have information and my anxiety skyrockets in hopes that this “Randy Wilson” is the one.
                         
                          On March 26th 2014 (Almost a month from the date of this letter), I found out for the first time in my life that the dad that signed my birth certificate, that loved me, that nurtured me, that raised me to be the woman I am, the one that loved me from the moment he found out my mother was pregnant; is in fact, NOT my biological father. I felt as if my whole world came tumbling down. I feel lost and confused. Twenty eight years old and finding out that was all a lie. I feel like I need answers as to who I am. I know I am who I’ve always been, but what’s my nationality? What is my medical history? Do I look like you? Do we have things in common? If none of my traits came from the man I believed to be my biological father, where did they come from? 

                            I know it’s a lot to sink in, I still have a hard time comprehending it; it’s hard to believe that I could have come from anyone other than my dad. I understand that it’s possible you may want nothing to do with me. I “think” I would be okay with that, but I would love to get the answers first. If we can just talk once, I will never ask of anything again. But, if by chance you do want to get to know me; a lot of years have passed. First off; my name is Laura Marie; I’m 28 years old and I have two babies of my own and two step children. I would welcome the chance to get to know you and any/all possible family I have out there.


                            I’ve compiled many different stories about you from different people. My dad never asked questions. The only things he was told was that your name was Randy (which my whole family confirms) and that you were a possessive person (info came from my mother); which leads me to believe that you never knew I ever existed and your just now realizing it. My aunt Pattie said that she didn’t think you knew anything about me. In this case we are in the same boat and it will probably come to you as a shock as it did me. I cried for days and then started searching for answers. I’m still scared to contact you, but I know I need to for myself. I also realized that if you didn’t know about me, you were never given the chance to be a dad to me, and that I believe is not fair... to you or myself. 


                           I’ve heard that you found out about my and broke up with my mother. When I assumed that you were still in high school at the time, I completely understood a scared boy running. But now that I have gained information that you were a couple years older (should have been roughly 20 years old) and out of school, I didn’t get why you wanted nothing to do with your own child. Maybe you still don’t, I guess I don’t understand. 


                           I also heard that your mother sent you away. This story doesn’t make much since to me, but then again I didn’t grow up in those years; but I don’t quite get how a mother can send an adult away when he gets a girl pregnant. Again this means you knew about me, which I’m still not exactly sure what is true.


                            No matter the outcome, you knew about me or you didn’t. You want to meet me or you never want to hear from me again… I would still like answers to my questions and I feel I should get that respect. I’m not here to cause problems between you and your family and if you don’t want them knowing about me, I will fully respect those wishes.


                           All I ask is that you please speak with me at least once, so I can find some closure with this.



Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon!

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment