Monday, May 20, 2013

A little bit disconnected....

Raymond finally called on Saturday the 18th.

Cheyanne got on the phone.....

"Hi dad"
Pause
"Good"
Pause
"Good"
Pause
"I love you too"
Pause
"Yeah"
Pause
"Yeah"
Pause
"Yeah"
Pause
"okay bye"

It makes me so sad to see that she is disconnected from her biological father. She would be so excited to talk to him and this time we didn't even get a smile. I know my kids need their dad in their life because it's important to them. It still blows me away that he could ever move away from them.

I was blow drying Cheyanne's hair on Friday. Poor Chris... I went on a rampage about how  my children's real father is missing out on his kids. They are growing up so much and he chose to move away for "nothing" that is benefiting him. All he does is party and go to strip clubs. He wonders why I won't let my kids go stay the summer with him and his 5 room mates. They have a wonderful, FULL, stable life here... and I'm not going to disrupt that or throw them into a life like his.

This morning, I pulled out last weeks work from Cheyanne's backpack. I found this:
 
It's a heart listed with things she loves. Mom, dad, cat, dog, family, hello kitty, sister, ice cream, pizza, step brother, brother, bananas, Morgan,. Alyssa.
 
Her b's and d's are backwards. I was giving her a hard time... I said is this "Dad", she said "Yeah, I meant Chris". I said "He's pretty special isn't he?" She said "yes" with a huge smile, and shaking her head like crazy up and down.
 
No mention of her father!
 
Just her Dad......
 
 
I believe it takes more than being a sperm donor, spending little time, or even just buying them presents to be a dad.
 
It takes a man, a loving person. Someone to discipline, to teach, and to listen. It takes a man that will help fix the bike when it needs to be done. It takes someone to buy their summer clothes. It takes someone to sit on the couch with them and not care if he just because the human jungle gym. It takes someone to cook and clean up after them. It takes someone who will drop what he is doing if the kids ask him to do something and do it. It's a man that spends his nights at home taking care of those children. It's a man that will choose his children over his friends or a good time. It is a man that will put his children (biological or step) over anybody else.

Chris is my Children's Dad without a doubt. He has been their "dad" for the past year and the best one they have had.
 
 
 
A woman just making it thru life
Laura <3
 

No comments:

Post a Comment