Friday, May 17, 2013

Letting kids be kids.

This is our pool. This is not an actual picture of our pool but it is exactly the same.

It was way bigger than what we thought. We thought we could put the dog kennel behind it and fit in into the same area!

Boy, were we wrong.

It was so lopsided that once filled with 5000 gallons of water it was even more lopsided.

The kids got a few good runs in it, but couldn't really play for fear of it collapsing.

So we drained it. Yup... Drained 5000 gallons of water before receiving the first water bill! haha.

We took the kennel out. We connected the posts from the kennel and made a huge maze in the yard to drain the pool and to keep the water from going into the neighbors... moved the pool... started to even the ground out again....... This is what got in the way! :0)

 

 

 


 

 
 My kids decided they were going to play in the mud!! :0)

They jumped in it, sat in it, and threw it around..... They even laid in it.

 
They both Sat down and played in it, throwing it around at each other! They had so much fun!




 
It's so much fun to watch them be kids!

To be honest... I would much rather have them playing in the mud outside then inside playing on the computer, phone, or tablet.

I enjoyed the outdoors as a child.... they should too! :0)

Then the really fun part came... spraying them down with a hose. My daughter Alexis got that privilege while I took pictures and finished getting the ground ready for the pool. :0)



 

 
 So much Fun!!!! I love having my kids with me everyday even though they push my buttons all the time. I couldn't see life without them!

Here is the finished product the pool is completely full and treated as of an hour ago. It took from about 7:30ish PM last night to 11:00Am this morning to fill up!

We can do Whirl Pools now without the threat of it falling over, we can play games, and we can throw each other around. I'm not excited for the water bill!


 

 

A woman just making it thru life
Laura <3

 
 


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this post! Only great moms let their kids play in the mud! :D So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 It was fun to watch them! They loved getting sprayed off with the hose also!! :0)

    ReplyDelete